Sunday, August 23, 2009

Why Haven't You Heard Of Revocation?

Seriously, I'm asking here. Revocation was recommended to me by Last.FM the other day and, I immediately downloaded the entire CD. And I can say I'm loving it! This stuff is brilliant. This is ultra-technical thrash/death metal. One of the best I've ever heard. In the album, Empire Of The Obscene, there's so many amazing riffs and drum parts and bass parts, it boggles the mind. And the solos! So many amazing solos. The kind of solos where, they're amazingly fast and technical yet, not at all show-offy. And the best part? This is only a three person band. How can such a powerful sound come from only three people? I can say without question that, this will be the next great metal band. I haven't been this excited to hear a band since the first time I heard of Lamb Of God all those years ago.

Anyway, this band has a new album coming out September 29th on Relapse Records entitled Existence Is Futile. Needless to say, I can't wait. This is going to be amazing, judging from the new songs they've posted on their MySpace page. Until the album comes out, enjoy some in-studio footage of the band.


No comments:

Post a Comment