Tuesday, June 30, 2009

IWRESTLEDABEARONCE - "It's All Happening" The Official Blog Metal Review

Well it's about time for my first album review. And what better album to start this off than IWRESTLEDABEARONCE's Century Media debut, It's All Happening? There is no other band in metal today that is as polarizing as IWABO. Their music, and esspecially this album sets them apart from pretty much every other band out there. Since I heard of them I've been trying to come up with a name for their genre. And, with a little help from iTunes, ADD metal is born.

Now, the album opens with the single "You Ain't No Family" which, we've all heard before and you know my thoughts on this song. The most surprising, and possibly addicting song on the album is track number two, "White Water In The Morning." I just love Krysta's voice during that time break in the beginning where she just sounds like such an innocent little girl It totally takes me by surprise.

Somehow, even though it's the shortest song on the album "Danger in the Manger" seems to be the most famous song off the album if you look at the band's MySpace page. Granted it has the coolest opening riff on the album but, I don't really see what the big deal is over this song. Other than it's fun as shit to play on Audio Surf. "I'm Cold and There Are Wolves Chasing Me" has the coolest name on the album. Krysta also does the little girl voice on this song for a short period of time. This song is more classic IWABO. Just random as Hell.

This song features the re-recording of their famous single "Tastes Like Kevin Bacon" which, other than having real drums and a cool time break before the clean vocals part, this isn't really different than the original. But, that time break adds a lot to the song. You wouldn't think it but it makes this song all the cooler. "The Cat's Pajamas" is probably the slowest song on the album. Not much to say about it.

This band really takes having irregular time signatures to heart in songs like "Pazuzu For The Win" and "Eli Cash vs The Godless Savages." Really playing on the whole "ADD" factor of their music. And, the album even features a techno based track in "Black-Eyed Bush" which is two and a half minutes of pure trippy.

All in all, this is a great debut album from a great band. I suggest you go out and get it now. I leave you with a video I personally shot of the band playing "You Ain't No Family." Enjoy.









(4 out of 5 goat heads)

1 comment:

  1. Is the vocalist any good live? Can't really tell from that recording. I kind of like them, but girls suck at speaks between songs and I don't like the "core guitar" shredding. Just like this band called Medeia I saw live last summer.

    ReplyDelete